Thursday, January 20, 2011

My classes

So this past week was the beginning of school.  I really love all of my classes.  I'm going to drop one of them though.  But no class on fridays! and only one on tues/thurs!!!

SPANISH 208--Oral Spanish

I really like this class. My teacher is Elsa and she is a very comforting person.  She makes me feel confident enough to speak spanish!  Basically, this class is all just about talking and improving speaking, which is what I really need to work on.

SPANISH 252--Linguistics.

This is a class that I've been putting off for awhile.  I'm required to take it for the major.  Now that I'm taking it, I don't know why I haven't wanted to take it!  Linguistics are very interesting to me, and Miguel Angel is a really good teacher! This class is also helping me to acquire a "spanish" way of speaking, something that I also struggle with.

SPANISH 320--Culture of Spain

This class is also amazing.  It's with Elsa (again, I love her) and basically it's just learning about the culture of Spain.  It's interesting and helpful!

SPANISH 318--History of Spanish Art

MY FAVORITE CLASS.  It's with Monica, and it consists of talking about art and going on field trips.  Yesterday, we went to the Capilla Real to see the graves of los Reyes Catolicos.  The capilla is absolutely stunning.  She was telling us that it's difficult to study gothic architecture in Granada because no churches are purely gothic in our city.  However, this capilla had a lot of gothic elements and was really really beautiful.

SPANISH 399--Practical Review of Grammar (dropping)

I'm dropping this class.  It meets at 9 am and I know that'll affect my grades. Plus it's with Julia.  She kinda scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment