Wednesday, January 12, 2011

From the plane

I'm writing this on the plane now to post later.  On this flight I've had a lot of reflection time.

First of all, leaving my mom and Adam was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  After I left them, I was sobbing uncontrollably and shaking.  I knew that I would be upset and horribly sad, but I wasn't expecting to be so shaky.

Luckily, I have my friends with me to hold me and tell me that everything will be okay.  I feel so lucky for that, and would have literally not gone abroad without them.

I'm still in a bit of shock.  I'm really excited, don't get me wrong, but I have a feeling that studying abroad will not only be a wonderful experience because it will teach me about another culture, but will also make me appreciate everything in my life a lot more.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder, eh?

I'm really not trying to be all angsty-xanga like or anything, or make anyone think that I'm not grateful and SO excited for this opportunity; this i just how I'm initially feeling.  It's no lie that it is very difficult to leave everything behind.

I'm having insomnia right now from the mix of initial shock and complete excitement.  I'm so excited to get to Granada :)

TO everyone reading from home, I love you and will miss you terribly!

No comments:

Post a Comment