Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Guinness on my white shirt: a going out story

So last night was a GOOD night.

Zach and Esteban were performing at Hannigans 2 last night, so a bunch of us went, obviously.  Andrea and I met beforehand to get some drinks in the plaza.  I got 1.5 litres of Tinto de Verano for 2 euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! QUE GUEY!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, tinto de verano is my drink of choice here.  For all of you reading at home, you NEED to try it.  It's just half red wine/half lemonade.  And it is SO good.  It's specifically known to Andalusia, the southern part of Spain where i am!

Anyway, so then we headed over to Hannigan's 2 and heard them play!  Esteban was hilarious, as always, and Zach has the voice of GAVIN DEGRAW.  Like, exactly.  I thought it was actually him.  Anyway, so there was a spot onstage, and I thought it would be an AMAZING idea to be apart of the band (after this Scottish chick drew the flag of Scotland on my cheek).  I'm not going to lie, that was a good time!

Anyway, flashforward and I'm at the bar getting a Guinness (after drinking so many Christmas ales over break, I've acquired a taste for dark beers! Thanks Keen Family :))  There is this IRISH bartender who works at Hannigans 1 and 2, and we swear that he stalks us.  And there's a good reason: because the group of American girls + his Irish accent and suave = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for Hannigans!
Ejemplo/Case Study: I'm not easily wooed, let me get that straight.  But this guy has the nerve to give my my Guinness, say "thanks, love" in that cute Irish accent, and then WINK AT ME.  I was so taken aback that I SPILLED MY GUINNESS ALL OVER MYSELF.  Andrea captured the moment with this lovely picture.


After that, Bruce walked me home and I went to bed, smiling at my wonderful night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment