Thursday, January 27, 2011

Confessions Part II

K, there's only one blog titled "confessions" but I wanted to make an Usher Reference.  

1. I'm in LOVE with Spain! I could literally move here one day!

2. I don't feel guilty on spending money on trips, surprisingly.  I'm fully looking forward to my first break! (Vienna, Budapest, and Prague!)  I've heard that these places are absolutely stunning, and I REALLY CAN'T WAIT :)

3. I need to use my camera more, even just walking through the streets and to class.  I feel myself starting to get used to everything, but I never want to take Europe for granted.

4. I just ate a whole bag of chocolate covered corn, apparently a delicious candy in Spain; that, and it was 100% cheaper than a little kit kat bar.  yep, I ate the whole thing. yummmmmmmm

5. I'm packing right now, because I'm moving in with my new host family tomorrow, and I really can't wait.  After I'm all moved in, stay tuned for a piece about my crazy ex-host family.

6. I feel the days flying by, and know that home will come sooner than I think

7. I'm so lucky to have so many of my wonderful friends here, and to make lots of new ones.  But, I miss my friends that aren't here more than anything in the world.  

8. When I'm sitting in class, I daydream.  But not about traveling or about what I'm going to do that night.  I have a recurring daydream that I'm sitting on a big comfy couch and laughing with Adam while we watch a movie.  This is starting to make me realize that, of all the most beautiful places I can be in the world, and all of the adventures that I am going to have, at the end of the day, the only place I want to be is with the people I love.  This leads me to my next confession:

9. I miss hanging out with my family.  I miss cooking for my family.  I miss Sunday morning coffee with my family.  I miss screaming at my family when I'm in a bad mood.  I miss fires and movies and the occasional game.  I miss grandma and her cute forgetfulness.  I miss helping Juliette come up with the perfect word to use in her dissertation.  I miss playing drinking games with the fam, +Adam, Brian, Justin, and CJ.  I miss Christina and how she always just wants to BE with me.  I miss Michael, so much, and this is the furthest and the longest we've ever been apart.  I miss laughing with him and watching movies and cooking for him and being his best friend.  I miss Robert and how kind he is.  I miss how he can always make me laugh, and how he always makes me smile, and just wants to spend time with me.  I miss Thomas and how adorable he is, and how he's truly the light of my life.  I miss taking him on errands with me, and I miss how he loves me so much, no matter what.  I miss my mom and how she always makes me feel special, and how she makes me feel like the favorite child.  I miss her hugs and how we can always laugh together.  I miss my dad and how he always understands me and always does anything in the world to make me happy.  I miss how, even in the darkest of moments, he shows me the light.  I miss everyone so much.  I love them now more than ever.

10.  Spain has been the best decision I've ever made for myself.  It is making me feel like myself again, in ways I couldn't even imagine.  It gives me so much joy, takes away my anxieties, and makes me so grateful that I have such an amazing opportunity to be here.  I am so excited for what this semester has to bring :)

4 comments:

  1. *tears* (literally) So happy for you, Mad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you too, Madeline. Is your new host Mama the same one that Elyse had???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Ma! This is beautiful. I miss how you cook brownies twice a day and how you look hot even when you don't take a shower. I miss when you say, "What do you people want from me?" and how well you color my hair. I miss your smile and belly button ring and the way you love all of us, unconditionally, all the time. I miss your rap music on Sundays before church and how I need a gondola to get o the other side of your bedroom. I miss Adam in missing you.

    ReplyDelete